The two strains are subspecies of cannabis. Sativa plants were discovered in Europe while Indica plants were found in India. In both Sativa and Indica species, the seeds and fiber were harvested for consumption. These plants do not resemble each other according to size and physical appearance. Indica plants grow wide and broad with green broad leaves. These plants are also short and resemble shrubs but they are herbs. Sativa plants have thin leaves and grow taller than Indica. They appear like tap root trees although they are herbs and experience long flowering cycles. Indica plants grow well in mountain areas while Sativa grows in hot and tropical regions.
Indica and Sativa strains are the main types of cannabis used to treat diseases and most individuals use them for recreational purposes. Sativa strains are known majorly for their power to reduce anxiety, stress, depression and sometimes make individuals more creative. On the other hand, Indica strains are associated with seniors to reduce insomnia and increase relaxation.
What are the effects of Indica vs Sativa strains?
Research suggests that the effects of these two strains are based on chemical composition or cannabinoid contents. This determines how each strain can be best used for a particular function.
It is known to affect body function highly and sometimes causes side effects. This strain is commonly used by the aging gap to curb insomnia. It is also used by many people as a relaxation drug.
Some of the effects of Indica strains are:
- Consumers experience high relaxation because it associates with the mind hence curbing stress and other problems
- It makes seniors sleep for long hours hence experiencing reduced insomnia.
- Individuals feel happier after consuming this strain although it lasts for a short time.
Some of the indica species found in hospitals and other institutions are; blueberry, grape ape, blue cheese, granddaddy purple e. t. c.
Individuals say that after consuming Sativa strains you feel head high due to the energy produced by the substance.
The effects of this strain are:
- Individual feel happy after consuming this strain
- It increases the power to do work as it gives you high energy
- Individuals tend to be more creative after using it hence helping them to make good decisions in either business or other activities.
- Most people feel productive after consuming hence enjoy doing their chores
- It makes people became focused on life as it increases the thinking capacity.
Some of the popular Sativa strains are; sour diesel, green crack, jack herer, super lemon haze, amnesia haze, and strawberry cough.
How to choose the right strain
When choosing any strain of cannabis product, you should consider your feelings or any other body reaction. The following are some of the consideration;
- The current mood or body changes. e. g when treating insomnia you consider sleeping habits over some time
- Know the two strains and their effects when consumed
- Consult a specialist on the amount to use to avoid side effects
- Ask for pure or hybrid strain according to treatment
All these strains have side effects when used in high amounts some side effects are red eyes, dry mouth, and increased blood pressure. A consumer should consult dealers before consumption to avoid overdosing.